so sorry about the delay, but here's the first video for "sabbath." hope you enjoy it and that you will jump in on the conversations with your own thoughts and experiences with the book so far. we are LOVING it...
make sure and leave your comments so we know if there's anything you want us to spend time on in the next post. we appreciate you all so much and most of you should have gotten your free books...if not, in the next few days :)
so let's jump in!!!!
Untitled from angie smith on Vimeo.
Here are Wayne Muller's Practice recommendations from Rest:
* Set aside some time to light a candle and say a prayer for yourself or someone you love. (pg 22)
* Choose at least one heavily used appliance or device - the television, phone, computer - and let them rest for a Sabbath period. Surrender to the quality time where that device will not disturb and notice how you respond in its absence. (pg 27)
* Prepare a Sabbath meal (pg 33)
* Choose one common act during your day to serve as a Sabbath pause. (pg 39)
* Bless strangers quietly, secretly ("guerrilla compassion") (pg 47)
* Choose a period of time or an activity - such as a walk or hike, alone or with someone you love - when you refrain from speech. (pg 55)
* Make a Sabbath box. (pg 60)
Ang and Jess